First of it's kind climbing challenge for all competitive and recreational cyclists around India is here, comprising of the 4 ghats challenge with 3400m+ elevation and 2 ghats challenge with 1700m+with different categories.
DATE: 23rd Jan 2021
START: Base of pasarni ghat
DISTANCE: 190 km and 90 km
FORMAT: Time Trial, with the climbing time for the ghats will be considered. All participants must finish the ride within 14 hours.
BIB DISTRIBUTION: 22nd January 2021
* 4 Ghats Challenge - Men Open
* 4 Ghats Challenge - Men Masters
* 4 Ghats Team of Two - Men's, Women's, Mixed
* 2 Ghats Challenge - Open
* 2 Ghats Challenge - Women Open
* 2 Ghats Team of Two - Men's, Women's, Mixed
* 4 ghats Challenge- pasarni, medha, tapola, ambenali (3400m+ elevation gain)
* 2 ghats Challenge- pasarni, ambenali (2000 m+ elevation gain)
Registrations charges and inclusions:
* Cash prizes for winners for 4 Ghats Men Open, 4 Ghats Men Masters, 2 Ghats Women
* Medals for all finishers
* Finisher's certificate for all participant
* A super awesome post race meal
* Personalised bib numbers for all the participants
* During race hydration support
* Basic first aid support during the race
Even to complete 4 Ghat Challenge in 14 hrs for amateurs is challenging and big achievement by it self!
2 Ghat Challenge will also be quite tough the seasoned riders.
Format is broadly based on La Marmotte in French Alps with some changes for Indian condition.
Only climbing time will be considered and descent time will be given to rider to ride down through 'Ghats'
Routes and other details will follow soon.
All bikes will be allowed (except e-bikes). Drafting behind vehicles is not allowed. Needless to say, helmets are compulsory.
Please note: This is a self supported event. Participants will not be allowed to accept aid from friends and/or family members. We will have stipulated on-route check points/ hydration points.
Category with less than 5 participants will be merged with other categories.
Please feel free to share the page with your friends and fellow riders.
This is a legal document that affects your rights.
1) I acknowledge that cycling involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including over exertion, equipment failure, dehydration, and accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users, course or weather conditions and other causes.
2) I understand that I should not compete in this event/activity unless I have trained appropriately and a medical practitioner has verified my physical condition.
3) I acknowledge that by participating in the event, I am at an inherent risk of contracting viruses, including Covid-19. I acknowledge that I will follow all guidelines by the organiser, will use a mask before and after the event and will maintain appropriate social distancing.
4) By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation, which could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include TAO Cosmic, and/or any other sponsors and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner whatsoever and promoters, sponsors and event organisers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representative and assigns.
5) I consent to receiving any medical treatment, including ambulance transportation, that the event organisers think desirable during or after the event.
6) I consent to event organisers using my name, image and likeness before, during and after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
7) Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision, race safety briefings, temperature checks, blood oxygen level checks, bicycle and helmet safety checks) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety.
8) I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
9) My registration is not transferable to other people. If I am unable to compete, or if the event/activity is cancelled by way of circumstances beyond the control of the event directors, my registration fee is nonrefundable.
10) I have listed below my medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed.
11) I agree to abide by all race rules and directions issued by TAO Cosmic and its partners.
12) If the event is cancelled due to flood, earthquakes, torrential rains or other "acts of God" conditions, I understand that entry fee will not be refunded.
13) I understand that the dates and categories can be changed or adjusted according to the venue requirements and the number of participants. I understand that if the date/category is changed, I will be required to abide by the rules and/or directions provided by TAO Cosmic.
If the event is cancelled from the organisers side for technical reasons such as not receiving the required permissions to organise the event, the entire registration charges minus applicable GST will be refundered to the participant.