Sahyadri Classic is now Arkade Sahyadri Classic
We are extremely excited to welcome onboard 'Arkade' as the Title Sponsor for the #ThirdEdition of Sahyadri Classic.
First of it's kind climbing challenge for all competitive and recreational cyclists around India is here, comprising of the 4 ghats challenge with 3400m+ elevation and 2 ghats challenge with 1700m+with different categories.
DATE: 27th November 2021
START: Base of pasarni ghat, Wai
DISTANCE: 190 km and 90 km
FORMAT: Time Trial, with the climbing time for the ghats will be considered. All participants must finish the ride within 14 hours.
BIB DISTRIBUTION: 26th November 2021
* 4 Ghats Challenge - Men Open
* 4 Ghats Challenge - Men Masters
* 4 Ghats Team of Two - Men, Women, Mixed
* 2 Ghats Challenge - Open
* 2 Ghats Challenge - Women Open
* 2 Ghats Team of Two - Men, Women, Mixed
* 4 Ghats Challenge - Women Open
* 4 Ghats Challenge - Women Masters
The route and climbing sequence will be finalised once the final route check is done.
Climbing sequence of Second Edition:
* 4 ghats Challenge- pasarni, medha, tapola, ambenali (3400m+ elevation gain)
* 2 ghats Challenge- pasarni, ambenali (2000 m+ elevation gain)
Registrations charges and inclusions:
* Cash prizes for winners for 4 Ghats Men Open, 4 Ghats Men Masters, 2 Ghats Women
* Medals for all finishers
* Finisher's certificate for all participant
* A super awesome post race meal
* Personalised bib numbers for all the participants
* During race hydration support
* Basic first aid support during the race
Even to complete 4 Ghat Challenge in 14 hrs for amateurs is challenging and big achievement by it self!
2 Ghat Challenge will also be quite tough the seasoned riders.
Format is broadly based on La Marmotte in French Alps with some changes for Indian condition.
Only climbing time will be considered and descent time will be given to rider to ride down through 'Ghats'
All bikes will be allowed (except e-bikes). Drafting behind vehicles is not allowed. Needless to say, helmets are compulsory.
Please note: This is a self supported event. Participants will not be allowed to accept aid from friends and/or family members. We will have stipulated on-route check points/ hydration points.
Please note: Any category with less than 10 participants will be merged with the nearest possible category.
Please feel free to share the page with your friends and fellow riders.
Registrations opening soon via our website sahyadriclassic.com
If the event is cancelled from the organisers side for technical reasons such as not receiving the required permissions to organise the event, the entire registration charges minus applicable GST will be refundered to the participant.