With no end to covid-19 in sight, Educational institutes in India gearing up for e-education and digitally-enabled solutions. While India is trying it’s best to urgently develop measures to tackle the pandemic, the student-parent community is trying to catch up with the time lost.
COVID-19 has forced us to stay home and with all the institutions shut down, it is becoming difficult for them to adapt to this transformation. However, with no peer pressure and all the information available at our fingertips, students are gradually adapting to the online mode of learning and satisfying their curiosity in any subject they want, at any time of the day.
Covid-19 Pandemic Reshaping the Indian Education System:
India is slowly and steadily adopting the Digital transformation wave. But can online learning replace the conventional classroom education? This question still remains unanswered as the impersonal digital mode comes with challenges like Internet connectivity and reliable power supply, etc. But gradually, online mode is being accepted by the students and educators as a replacement.
Top Digital Technology Enablers in the Indian Education Sector:
- Artificial Intelligence: With digital transformation, new challenges and solutions have evolved. Academia across the globe is welcoming and utilizing AI in administration, learning, tutoring, grading, assessments and engagement. AI ensures self-learning and human-like interaction with various personas to enhance learning outcomes. AI is surely going to be one of the game changers in Indian Education System in near future.
- Innovation: Aligning new technology with specific goals = innovative ideas and solutions. Design-thinking, design-sprinting and lead methodologies are some emerging technologies. It gives educational instructors the tools and methods that are required to apply discovery, ideation, interpretation, experimentation and evolution in practical scenarios.
- Data Analytics: Good decisions are made by good data analysis. Technologies like Data science, Data analytics & Big data empower and provide meaningful insights. Educators can use data analytics to record and analyze student data including personal data, student performance report, attendance monitoring, administrative decision-making, resource allocation, provide students insights into their own learning habits and give recommendations for improvement.
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality: Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality is being adapted by educational institutes to enhance student learning and participation. AR and VR are making the learning process interesting and more worth it.
Here is what digital technology offers today that Educators 20 years ago would never have dreamt of:
- Educational degrees can now be obtained online.
- E-books make life easier without having to take the pain of hunting down a physical copy.
- Tech tools that unite students and teachers from different parts of the world.
- Access to visual aids and simulation based learning that enhances learning outcome.
- Tests and entrance exams can now be conducted and assessed online with little or no human intervention.
Benefits of digitisation of financial and administrative functions in schools and colleges:
- Ease in the student journey for students, teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Flexibility in the digital payment solution through web or mobile app and in payment modes.
- Educational institutes can now focus on providing education instead of fretting about the other administrative functions and save time & resources.
- Effective college-student communications.
- Digital campuses provide a path for students to practice personal finance management.
Potential scope of digital payment solutions:
- Digital Apps: Accepting fees in schools and colleges in “Cashless mode” through digital wallets, digital payment solution etc. making them scalable and adaptable to the future.
- Authentication processes: PIN entry or fingerprint (or other biometric authentication methods) have allowed users to make purchases in a secure manner.
- Greater flexibility in online payment: Various customizable digital payment solutions & modes are integrated together.
Benefits of implementing modern digital payments to Educational Institutes, Teachers, Parents and Students:
A Strong “No” to Cash – Indian Government promotes Digital Payments
As a precautionary measure, the Indian government has suggested the usage of digital payment options like NEFT, UPI, Mobile banking, Debit and Credit cards instead of currency notes. In a Government notification which was released on March 18, 2020, the Ministry of Finance said Currency notes could be a potential medium of virus transmission.
Easebuzz is known in the Education segment for bringing about Digital transformation for Student and Institute success. It helps educational institutes go paperless for the admission process, fee management, student onboarding, student engagement, exam portal, online learning management, etc.
- Registration forms: Helps in building a customized form for any admission process.
- Collect Fee: Integrated Student fee management system provides reconciled data on the dashboard.
- Reports & Analytics: Auto-generated reports contain registration, fee and billing data. It is also possible to analyze ROI from the dashboard.
- Creating customized landing pages: Dynamic web pages can be created and deployed according to the requirements of educational institutions.
Only PAN Card, KYC documents and bank account details are required for educational institutes to get a digital payment solution or an all in one digital solution for their institution. Drop an enquiry today to know more.